- Paspor RI
- SOCIAL CULTURAL
- ABOUT US
Procedure & Application
1. For a maximum 30 days visit intended for tourist or family/social purposes, Australian passport holders are encouraged to use Visa on Arrival facilities at most Indonesian international ports. For further information please read “Short Visit Visa Issued on Arrival” under “Visa Type” section.
2. Applicants must hold a full passport which must be submitted upon request for inspection when applying for a visa.
3. For single entry, passport must valid for min 6 (six) months from date of entry into Indonesia. For multiple business entry and limited stay, passport must valid for min 18 (eighteen) months from date of entry into Indonesia.
4. Non-passport documents (such as Travel Documents, Certificate of Identity, and Certificate of Registration, Emergency Travel Document, etc.) will not be accepted.
5. Applicants should fill in the correct visa forms according to the purpose of their visit, as once a visa is issued (stamped in the applicant's passport), it cannot be cancelled or transferred to another type of visa under any circumstances.
6. Please write clearly in capital letters. Illegibility may prevent your application from being processed.
7. All questions must be answered, and all documents in support of an application submitted. Failure to do so may result in delay or being refused.
8. Application forms must be completed and signed by the applicant. Forms can be downloaded from the Consulate's website. For further download form please go to “Download” under the DOWNLOAD FORM bar.
9. One recent passport-sized color photograph of the applicant must be submitted with the application.
10. All applications are subject to approval. Submission of a visa application does not necessarily mean that a visa will be granted.
11. Applicants whose applications need referral to the Authorities in Indonesia should NOT PURCHASE their travel tickets (plane, boat or otherwise) before the approval for their visa application is received. Other applicants (for business, tourist and social culture visa should provide a copy of the flight details/itinerary). Application from certain nationals also needs referral. See list of mentioned nationals .
12. All visa applications must be submitted between 09.15 am to 12.30 pm, Mondays to Thursday, 09.15 am to 12.00 pm on Friday (except on Indonesian and Australian public holidays) through the Visa Section of the Indonesian Consulate General at 236-238 Maroubra Road, Maroubra, NSW 2035.
13. If granted, visa can be collected within minimum 5 (five) working days, between 02.15 pm to 03.30 pm Monday to Thursday and 02.30 pm to 03.30 pm on Friday.
14. The granting of a visa is, in effect, only a form of pre-entry clearance. It does not grant permission to enter Indonesia. The Indonesian Immigration authorities at the port of entry also reserve the right to refuse entry into Indonesia.
15. All applicants must reside in New South Wales, Queensland, and South Australia. Applicants who hold only a tourist visa in New South Wales, Queensland, and South Australia are welcomed to apply for Indonesian visa at the Consulate but will only be granted if the Consulate further received approval from Indonesian Representative Office where the applicants reside.
16. All visa regulations are strictly adhered to for the good of each and every individual who wishes to visit Indonesia, in order to prevent any problems and complications with regard to their entry into Indonesia.
17. Due to the fact that Indonesia and Israel do not, at present, share diplomatic relations, nationals and passport holders of Israel are unfortunately unable to enter the Republic of Indonesia as a tourist or otherwise without special authorization from the Immigration Office. Therefore, all such applications have to be sent to the Immigration Office in Indonesia.
18. All visitors, regardless of their nationality, who wish to travel to Papua and Poso must obtain a special permit from the Indonesian Immigration Office, and also the State Police Department in the Capital city of Jakarta before entering these areas.
19. It is most desirous that any traveler to Indonesia understands and duly respects the Indonesian Immigration's regulations as well as the Consulate's rules.
20. Visa services are given to all applicants within the consulate's jurisdiction in the state of New South Wales, Queensland, and South Australia only.
21. Visa payment only can be made by credit card, EFTPOS, Money Order, Company Cheque or Bank Cheque payable to the Indonesian Consulate General in Sydney and is not refundable.
22. Visa application by mail should enclose a self stamped and addressed envelope (advisedly using registered mail or platinum registered mail) for Express Mail, DHL or any other service that the applicant deems safe. The Consulates would not be held responsible for application that lost through mail. So make sure you chose the most secured service.
23. For further information please contact the Information Section of the Consulate General at (02) 93449933 or email email@example.com
Monday - Thursday:
09.15am - 12.30pm EST
02.15pm - 03.30pm EST
09.15am - 12.00pm EST
02.30pm - 03.30pm EST