- Paspor RI
- SOCIAL CULTURAL
- ABOUT US
Social Cultural Visa
Maximum length of stay in Indonesia is 60 days (extension available at local Immigration Offices close to where the applicant stays). Requests for Social Cultural Visas are submitted to the Indonesian Consulate General in Sydney by filling out the appropriate forms (1 copy for each person) and enclosing:
- Passport (still valid at least 6 months from the date of entry). Non-passport documents (such as Travel Documents, Certificate of Identity, and Certificate of Registration, Emergency Travel Document, etc.) will not be accepted.
- One recent color Passport photographs.
- Proof of a ticket in and out Indonesia, or a ticket to continue travel to another country.
- Proof of permanent residence for non-Australian Citizen. Please be advised that applicant with no proof of PR would be suggested to obtain Indonesian visa from country of origin/country of residency.
- Letter of invitation from family or social organization, which describes the purpose of the visit and guaranteeing all transportation and living expenses that will incur in Indonesia.
- Copy of ID of the sponsor. If the sponsor is non-Indonesian citizen please provide a copy of KITAS and passport. If the sponsor is an Indonesian citizen, a copy of the KTP (Indonesian ID card) must be provided.
- For minor applicants, a statement letter from parents or guardian and copy of parents’ or guardians’ ID.
- Social Culture Visa is eligible only for single entry and could be extended at the local Immigration Offices close to where the applicant stays. If the destination of visit should go to the restricted regions (Papua and Poso), the application would be sent to the Authorities in Indonesia to seek referral. Application from certain nationals also needs referral. See list of nationals for calling visa .
- Visa is issued min 5 (five) working days from receipt of application after all requirements provided and deemed satisfy the eligibility. However, citizens from certain countries may have a longer time (min 12 working days) upon the approval from Indonesia Immigration Office in Indonesia.
- Applicants whose applications need referral to the Authorities in Indonesia should NOT PURCHASE their travel tickets (plane, boat or otherwise) before the approval for their visa application is received.
- Visa Fee Aus $ 60 is non-refundable and may be paid only by Eftpost, Money Order, Company Cheque or Bank Cheque payable to Indonesian Consulate General in Sydney.
For Visa application by mail, please read carefully:
- Visa application by mail should enclose a self stamped and addressed envelope (advisedly using registered mail or platinum registered mail) for Express Mail, DHL or any other service that the applicant deems safe. The Consulates would not be held responsible for application that lost through mail. So make sure you chose the most secured service.
- Before you mail the application, please remember that the application must be sent along with the applicant's passport. Consulate General would attach the visa in the passport. No passport, no visa.
- Also remember that amendment and endorsement pages cannot be used for visa purposes. Check your passport for a blank visa page (minimum 3 blank pages should be available). Please be advised that we will return your application and passport if we found there are no blank visa pages on the passport or incomplete application without prior notofication.
- Please remember to address the envelope to:
Immigration Section (Visa)
Indonesian Consulate General Sydney
236-238 Maroubra Road, Maroubra NSW 2035
- Visa Fee is not refundable and may be paid only by Money Order Company Cheque or Bank Cheque payable to Indonesian Consulate General in Sydney.
Monday - Thursday:
09.15am - 12.15pm EST
02.15pm - 03.30pm EST
09.15am - 12.00pm EST
02.30pm - 03.30pm EST
for more information please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org